Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Coming Election



I'm nervous. Very very nervous. I try not to think about it, but wish I were strong enough to dedicate the next week to making sure Barack Obama gets to the White House. Because he gives me hope. Because he offers solutions. Because he's a mixed brother with an almost unbelievably American background and he makes me giddy.

Me? Miss Apathetic? Good lord.
I'll write about it, if I can think about it. If I can make sense of this coming history.
Carmen Van Kerkhove, founder and publisher of Racialicious, posted on her own website some tips on staying involved in the next week.

So what can you do to help at this historic time?

First of all, make sure you protect your own vote by reading this 12-step checklist of what to do before, on, and after Election Day. And share the list with your family and friends by using this form here.

Then, do one or all of these 3
things:
1. Volunteer for the campaign.

2. Call or visit voters in battleground states.

3. Find and join an event in your local area.



Free Blog Counter





No comments: