Friday, July 18, 2008

35th and FDL

Seriously. Somestimes I'm a genius.

When I wait for the bus on Humboldt, there's a bus that passes by frequently. It's always empty and the front display says "35th & FDL." While waiting for my #10 bus, I will often see many of these 35th & FDL pass, and usually I get rather annoyed that this line is so frequent, and there I stand, waiting for my stupid 10 bus.

This morning, I was waiting in the rain for my bus, and I saw two 35th & FDL buses pass, and before I had the chance to get annoyed, I had an ah-ha moment. (Another wrinkle produced in the brain!)

35th & FDL is not some lucky bastard's busline, which they have infinite chances to catch. This is not some unfairly frequent bus that taunts you as you wait.

35th and FDL stands for 35th and Fond du Lac. That's where the buses go to take naps. The bus station. They're going back at the end of their routes. They're empty because they're going home.

Wow. I'm sharp.