Friday, November 21, 2008

Nevertheless

So I've taken my first steps. Towards life, I suppose.

Last week, in utter frustration with my goals and decisions, I scratched out an application to the UWM graduate school non-degree program in business so I can take some classes for credit (mainly as refresher courses in math, since the last math class I took was affectionately called "Math Stupids".) I'm waiting to hear back about whether I'm officially accepted, I've requested a transcript from Hampshire, and I've picked out the courses I want. Business Math and an Entrepreneurship class, if I can take them.

What I've really been struggling with lately is this idea of a career and the image of myself as a working woman. It's very strange to go from the unfocused person that I was to making decisions that will affect my life in the long run; to go from puzzled Hampsire hippie to a girl in high heels and a button down shirt, and business school aspirations.

I try and remind myself that entrepreneurship is something very different from corporate business and there will certainly be awesome, inspiring and innovative people in whatever department and school I choose.

Nevertheless, it's weird.

No comments: